Wednesday 29 July 2015

Game Discussion: Life Is Strange Episode 2 (Out Of Time) SPOILERS!

 

WARNING: SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 1 & 2 OF LIFE IS STRANGE as I'll be discussing the choices I made in the game and why. If you want to see a no/mild spoiler review (Click here) for episode 1 and for episode 2 (Click Here).



 Okay so this being a game of choices and how it effects the past present and future I will also talk about the continuation of my choices in the previous episode and how it effects my gameplay. If you want to check out the choices I made in episode 1 (Click here).

Major Choices.


1) You told Kate to Wait for proof

We first meet Kate in the showers where she asks us for a book we borrowed. Not much game play but we do have 'little task' to do like erase mean things written about Kate from the walls and talk to the girls around the dorm to stop watching Kate's video.



So this one went well... *sarcasm*

Cause of this choice Kate gets angry at Max and sarcastically thanks max for her help.  

Okay so as I mentioned in my the episode its kinda hard to trust any who is an adult figure in this game and with the fact the Prescott rule this town they will definitely have the police on their side and since there is not much proof about Nathan its just better for you to wait.

Author note: Now keep in mind this is a game and in reality if something similar were to happen to you please GO STRAIGHT TO THE POLICE or an authority figure you know you can trust as they will take your side whether or not you have proof. 


2) Answer Kate's phone call

I mentioned in my review the diner sequence was my favorite puzzle piece of the game. 


I don't get why Chloe was getting all up at Max for answering her call but it kinda annoyed me.

3)  Tried to shoot frank

As mentioned the bottle hunt was not my favorite game sequence in this episode but I love the train sequence after. Also its kinda stupid that Chloe keeps dying in the episode due to her carelessness. While i still love Chloe I get very annoyed with her in this part of the game. 


Just saying I let Max pull the trigger cause Frank scares the freaks out of me. We had to use all those bullet guns. At least the gun is in our inventory. 

4) Save Kate *PHEW*


Before the Jump we have a chance of helping Warren with his science project. I actually had fun with that 'side mission' and it was flipping cute seeing Warren being a mad scientist. Also talking to Principal Wells, David and Jefferson gave me a different side to each of them.


Never thought I'll see the day we have to talk someone from taking their life. Only in a video game... 

THIS WAS THE MOST INTENSE 20 MINUTE I'VE EVER PLAYED!

As mentioned looking around and paying attention to details trough the game will reward you and here if you play your cards right you can save Kate.  

I was so relief when I managed to talk Kate down no joke I sank back at my chair as the next cut scene played and like Max it was emotionally draining.

5) Blame... 


Rant time: I IN A HEARTBEAT BLAME JEFFERSON AS THE F*CKING JACKASS TEACHER COULD HAVE HELP KATE! BUT NOOOO HE HAD TO SAY SHE IS WANTING ATTENTION FROM THE VIDEO. AND HE ACCUSED MAX FOR NOT TAKING KATE PHONE AND BEING A GOOD FRIEND... EFF YOU PRETENTIOUS TEACHER! 

Okay rant over...

Yes I could have blame Nathan but 1) no bad blood and 2) his parents and yes I could have blame David since he literally was spying on Kate before she went back to the dorm but if you talk to him in the hallway (playing your cards right) he is not that bad of a jackass and does genuinely care and while he could have done something to help Kate instead of spying on her I think he is not the one at fault.

The one at fault is Jefferson as he was the last 'authority figure' that Kate went to before she attempt to jump. Now note that Kate is his student assistance so they have work closely together for a while so if she were to have any change in behavior Jefferson will be one of the first to noticed. Also there is something fishy about this guy and when you talk to him after his conversation with Kate and bring out Rachael he uses the word 'WAS'. Guys... I think i am glad I pointed my finger on Jefferson and I believe he have something to do with Rachael's disappearance. 

Long story short MR JEFFERSON YOU COULD HAVE SAVE KATE FROM GOING TO THE GIRL'S DORM but nope cause once again no one believes Kate causing this to be the last push to her attempt at suicide. 

Minor Choices



1) You watered your plant

Cause I'm a nice plant person and not watering Lisa in the previous episode made me feel bad.

2) Help Alyssa

Is this gonna be an on going thing where we stop Alyssa from getting hurt... and why so people throw stuff straight to her head?

3)Erased the link to Kate's video


All this little think counts to help stop the video from spreading more. Also fun fact, its an actual web domain that exist in our real world. Cool little Easter egg  

4) BFF with Taylor


Before I move on further can I just say if Life is Strange were to be made into a movie or a TV show I want Taylor Swift to play her! 

And yes I was friendly to her as like all the mean girls if you empatise with them they actually are not bad people. In face when she's not around Victoria she's actually kinda cool (There i said it)

5) Accept Warren invitation (As friends or more???)

I adore Warren though I am not sure if anyone saw him peeping trough the window to see if Max is up. I actually tried walking past him and it cuts the cut scene.

I accepted his invite as Warren did get a black eye in the previous episode for Max so what's a little movie fun will hurt.. I hope...

Not so sure what to think of the guy a if you speak to him later he'll say he's gonna cancel plans with brook and later in the science lab there is a gratify 'alyssa + warren'... is Warren a player???

6) Didn't write a message

To be honest what Chloe and Rachael had was special and I didn't want my Max to interfere.

7) You didn't tamper with the rails

Okay this was so confusing so I am not even gonna explain why I didn't tamper with the rails.

8) I'm Going to the Vortex Club party!!!

Okay of all of Victoria Minions Courtney is the least mean of them all though she is kinda pretentious.

9) Help Warren the Science guy



RANT: Okay random stupid question but if he is a smart science nerd why the heck does warren need Max's help especially since Max is not the science expert. Also why can't warren go and ask the teacher for help on the homework himself? oh wait its a game and nothing starts till your character swipes in to save the day. On the bright side we get to talk to Ms Grant again and she's my favorite adult a part from Joyce to talk to in the game. 

10) I told David to Jefferson and I kinda regret it 

I don't know if this was before or after we talk about Kate but after what went down in the principal office and it was game over for episode two I sank back in my chair going trough all the choices I made and facepalm myself for telling Jefferson about David.

Bonus Choice aka THE HARDEST CHOICE IN THE GAME


What to eat guys?! #TeamBaconOmelette or #TeamBelgianWaffles


TEAM BELGIAN WAFFLES AS I HELLA LOVE WAFFLES! 

Overall
This episode was a train wreck of a roller coaster. I'm just glad Kate's alive in my playtrough though am still very shaken by the choices and things we have to do in order to save her. Once again am satisfied with my choices.
“Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still.” – Dorothea Lange (Source)
One thing I noticed about Max in this episode is her 'ability' to freeze that moment to buy her time to save Kate. The episode name is called Out of Time which is based on the term 'byte out of time photography' which is to 'freezing a moment in time' in photography.


Also as mentioned in my review, at the end credits of the episode the game creators added a 'TALK' section on the Life Is Strange website for anyone who have been affected or are going trough what was showed in the game in order to reach out to someone INTERNATIONALLY if you feel like you need help or you want to just talk it you.

Also if any of you guys want to talk to on what's bothering you or you just want to crap about life you can always write to me in the comments or find me on :

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/5251690-rou-min or @rotanrm@gmail.com

Once again thanks to you guys for always listening me ramble about my thoughts on this blog.

Till Next Time

Happy Playing

No comments:

Post a Comment